Get to know us
With a varied background in the medical field, we have the experience needed to help you.
Dr. Coffey graduated MUN Medical school in 2002, and then trained in internal medicine from 2002-2004. From there, he completed his dermatology residency at the University of Alberta in 2007. He remains active in the academic community by giving educational talks in MUN Medical school, as well as teaching residents in the office on a regular basis.
Currently, Dr. Coffey practices medical and surgical dermatology, laser surgery, cosmetic laser, and facial rejuvenation.
- CDA member
- AAD member
- Active teaching for LPN in the clinic
- Assistant Professor at MUN for residency training
- Royal College annual certification
- Annually attends conferences at Canadian Dermatology Association (CDA), American Academy of Dermatology (AAD), and European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV)
- Canadian Resident Excellence in Teaching Award 2007
- Pfizer Quality Assurance Award in Resident Research 2003
- Actively involved in MAINPORT: an integrated learning space that provides physicians with strategies to manage their learning and access a wide variety of web resources and assessment programs through the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada.
Dr. Coffey is supported by a truly dedicated staff of LPNs and administrative assistants whose main priority is your well being and care.